Saturday, March 8, 2014

Quilted Metallic Foldover Clutch [TGIFF]

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled
I've wanted to make a foldover clutch for some time now...but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it.  I was debating whether to place seams to create the fold and then decided that might be too bulky.  Instead I decided to alternate the quilting and use that as the point for the fold.

I've been dying to use this metal zipper and fabric combination!  I used Nani Iro by Naomi Ito Little Letter Brushed Twill metallic fabric. I love how those pink flowers sparkle.  And to make the clutch even more over the top I sewed on some swarovski crystal beads to the foldover flap!

Now to figure out what to wear when I carry her during our next outing... Hmmm...

- rebecca lynne

8 comments:

Leanne said...

It's so pretty, I hope you head off with it soon.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Ohhhh Rebecca that's divine! Very clever to switch the quilting. Nice shots too!

Mary W Quilts said...

I love it! I have never done a zipper. I'm going to have to do one soon. Love the little bit of bling too!

Jennifer Thomas said...

So pretty and a bit glam, too! I really like the way you did the quilting to accent the fold. Lovely photos on the chair, too! Have a super day!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

That is gorgeous!! Love it!!

Canadian Abroad said...

Adding those crystals was the perfect finishing touch. Love it!

Snoodles said...

Bam! That bling is the perfect finishing touch to a gorgeous bag....fabric and zipper are inspired choices! :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Changing the direction of quilting was an inspired touch, as were the crystals! Don't forget to take a photo when you take her out!