Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Modern Stitching Bee September Blocks

MSB September Block
This is my reveal of Leanne's blocks for the Modern Stitching Bee.  [Sneak Peek was here.]  I've wanted to do the square in square pattern for a long time.  This pillow has been on my to do list ever since I saw it last year.  
MSB September Block
I was able to use the paper piecing opportunity to give my guild a tutorial on paper piecing.
Thanks so much to Stephanie for the use of her lovely home and sewing supplies!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Now my fellow guild members are becoming paper piecing fiends and I think we are planning on doing a paper pieced swap too!  Hahahahaaa...thanks Leanne your block choice was extremely inspirational!

Making these blocks was a lot of fun, I do love paper piecing and using text prints.  I can't wait to see Leanne's quilt all finished with our unique blocks.

Now I really need to get on making that pillow - no more excuses...

- rebecca lynne

5 comments:

Leanne said...

The blocks are perfect, thank you. And I am glad your guild is now paper piecing too.

Annabella said...

Hello gorgeous! *waves* Lovely blocks and look at you spreading the pp news!

Sarah said...

These are fab blocks for Leanne. I love your bird and Mr Fox fussy cuts!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Gorgeous!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your fussy cuts are perfection!