Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What have I been up to...

DSC_0104
Okay, honestly I have been doing so much but it largely consists of things I cannot devote 60 minutes to blogging about.  Does that ever happen to you?  You are just so busy DOING that you can't spend any spare time for SHARING?

However, the point of this blog is to document my Doings so I can't just abandon that altogether.  So, here we go, a very short rundown.  A bookmarker so to speak...

I am largely still spending the bulk of my free time sorting through the Modern Low Volume Swap piles and finishing up the last bits of cutting.  While I am finding it very therapeutic and, this may sound weird, fun even, the Mr. is kind of getting sick of this as it is becoming a habit for me to retreat into my sewing room and cut, sort, cut, sort, cut, sort...  
So he made me take time out on Sunday to do a bit of this:
DSC_0180
DSC_0088
And of course as you can see from the first photo above...Miss O adored the swings.
Untitled
Plus, all the time spent in my sewing room cutting has allowed my mind to wander and caused me to really fuss over the palette for Peaches & Cream as you may have read in my last post.  I was so frustrated that I pulled a whole separate set of soft pinky girly fabrics, tossed in some osnaburg, and threw this up on my design wall just to PROVE that I could commit to something soft and feminine.  It was like some wicked itch I needed to Get Out of my system.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their feedback on my post about value.  Overall, you each said in your own way Trust Your Heart!  With that in mind my heart really sings when I look at the set of fabrics I finally settled on for Peaches & Cream.
Untitled
Last, but not least, is this random project using Shelburne Falls by Denyse Schmidt.  I am calling it Distraction as I tend to do a bit here and there as I need mental breaks from other things.  It reminds me of what Mary Fons said during her QuiltCon Lecture (No, I wasn't there, I saw it via Craftsy for Free!) that creating blocks can be like eating little bits of candy?  I'm totally not quoting her exactly as this isn't what she said verbatim, but if you saw the lecture I think you will remember the comment she made.  Anyway...she's right, it is no pressure and has been really helpful to feel productive in between spurts of energy.
DSC_0229
Back to cutting fabric and sorting piles.  

What are you all up to?

- rebecca lynne

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Looks like a fun time with your kids. And the fabric sets are lovely, both of them.

Carla said...

Miss O is precious! Enjoy your sorting.

Canadian Abroad said...

Your husband is a wise man. We would all hibernate with fabric given half a chance but there is life to be lived too.

Annabella said...

Treasure the awesome fact that you have a husband who pulls you out of the sewing room rather than push you in there! Beautiful images and oh my, those 2 projects are gorgeous!!! I can't wait for the LV charms - EEEP!

Jeneta said...

Such a lovely blog post! I love what you 'threw' up on your design wall.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Looks like a lovely day out! I love the peaches and cream blocks (simply gorgeous!) and 'Distraction' is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Who could resist that little face?