Sunday, January 27, 2013

Easily Distracted

DSC_0346
As usual I am in the middle of multiple projects...and not getting anything that I set out to finish done.  

Eh, !#$@ it.

I have so little time to Make these days I insist on having fun in the time I have.  Once a project starts to feel like work I just can't push through.
DSC_0344
My studio table began looking overwhelmed with scraps and selvedges that this pincushion danced through my head and it just had to be put to the front of the line.  

It is made up of 1.5" blocks using selvedge in a basket weave piecing arrangement.  The back is a current fav of mine, Dear Stella's Maasai Mara in Sari Lime.  Damn I love that green!
Untitled
The girls keep telling me that they love my *pillow* - haha.  I bet I have doll pillow requests in my near future...

- rebecca lynne

7 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

There you are! Glad to hear you're enjoying life and insisting on fun being involved. That being said.. that is the cutest. pin cushion. :) Hope you're staying warm over there in Far Far Away! xo

Carla said...

It's darling ; )

Canadian Abroad said...

What a gorgeous wee make, and when inspiration hits you just have to go with it.

Jeneta said...

Fantastic idea - love it!

Snoodles said...

Haha! You ARE a goofball....of course that is a dollie pillow!! Heehee!
Seriously, love the use of selvages and a super cute pincushion! Sometimes you just need a quick project to cheer you on to the larger ones!

Trudi said...

So pretty!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Such a sweet pincushion and I love those butterfly pins :)