Friday, December 16, 2011

No, this kind of stocking isn't for your feet love... [TGIFF]

Confession...I finished this stocking way earlier in the week.  But, ya know, it is just not easy to take photos around here with two little ones running around!  I do hope you'll enjoy these (I especially like the reflection of the tree's lights in the glass...snicker...then again you can see my reflection too...ha).

Miss E's Christmas Stocking: Finished!

DSC_0103

Here is a lovely detail shot of the upholstery embellishment I used.  I think next time I'll use contrasting trim to the color of the stocking but I just loved this red trim so much I couldn't pass it up!

DSC_0102

Last, a shot of the family of stockings (minus 2).  I think it fits in fairly well don't you?

DSC_0105

And what did Miss E have to say about her New Stocking?  "Ooooooh"  and then without drawing breath "Mommy, where's Vina's?" she asked oh so innocently.  Hmmph. Well, I am the one who insists that she look out for her sister!  I suppose I should be tickled pink that she's actually doing it!

Linking up to TGIFF hosted by none other than the Lovely Lucy this week...  Go check it out...

- rebecca lynne

10 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Lovely Rebecca clearly Miss E is a smart kid! She also has a beautiful stocking! I love the trim and it fits in perfectly. I so love all your beautiful, traditional decorations. I'm robbing your house next year but I'll leave you my tree in return ;)
Thanks for the link to TGIFF!

Sandra Kaye said...

Your stockings are wonderful, Rebecca! Great job!! Hugs

Annaliese said...

great finish hun! it looks right at home with the others! I didn't get mine done till today, and now they are sitting on my table. Forgot to get hooks to hang them from. woops! one day (hopefully before christmas I'll get my act together.

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love your stockings, Rebecca! Each one is wonderfully unique, but they all go so well together. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I think your new stocking fits in perfectly with the others!! Love the shape and the trim. :) And I love that the elder squish is looking out for the younger! A sure sign of good mothering. :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love all the stockings... all different, yet they look so good together. Well done Big Sis on looking out for Little Sis...Sounds like you have great parents, Miss E.

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Lovely Becca. The red looks so rich and gorgeous. And how cute is your little one?! So lovely that she is thinking of her sister. So get to it, Mum! ;)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the stocking and the fact that Miss E is looking out for Miss V and wanted to make sure she was getting a stocking too!

Snoodles said...

Fabulous! Where in the world do you find your awesome trims?

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - All of the stockings are so pretty...love those little details you put into them. What a great big sister Miss E is..looking out for her younger sister! So will you have to make another one for Miss V.? :)