Thursday, December 15, 2011

Have yourself a little bit of pampering...



Thursday Think Tank

I literally JUST finished all of my Christmas Gift shopping.  Whew hew!!!  Of course, I don't subject myself to the mobs.  I buy everything from the sanctity of my computer.  

Now that this is done I think it is time for some pampering.  We could all use a little TLC for ourselves around this time of year too.  As a few of you have mentioned recently...family drama, buying presents, decorating, the countdown to those big holiday parties...well it all adds up doesn't it?  So what are you doing to take care of you?

EYE MASK
I've been tossing and turning these days...unable to just relax peacefully into sleep.  But I'm thinking an eye mask might help a little bit.  Or at least make me feel glamorous!  So this is definitely top on the list.


minkee eye mask pattern from Prudent Baby

HOME PEDICURE
Yes I'm sure we'd all love to leisurely pop out the door and head to our favorite salon for a nice mani & pedi.  Hahahahaha...I'd love to figure out what to do with my two little ones while that happens!  And imagining them waiting patiently while I get a pedicure done?  Ha!  Instead...I think I'll just have to lock myself into the bathroom and take matters into my own hands.  For tips on how to prettily pamper your piggies head over to Real Simple.

Easy-at-home Pedicure

SMILE
When in doubt, and when feeling a bit blue, or challenged by some snippy comment from some not so well meaning family member... SMILE.  Studies show that there are definite health benefits to smiling, and did you know that if you hold your smile long enough (a few minutes) it actually works towards making you feel happier?  No joke jake.  

Personally...I like the following saying about smiling and I smile just remembering it...


Perhaps when we all have time to do so we can start a Smile Pillow Crusade.  I know we all have someone in our lives suffering from depression - perhaps even ourselves.  It is time to acknowledge, embrace, and stand strong for those with depression and let them know they are not alone.  Think about making a smile pillow for someone you love...hey, in the very least they can take their aggression out on it when they have the impetus to hit something! [I know I would.  ;)]

Honey Pie Designs

My Point?  Take care of you too. 

- rebecca lynne


Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative heads.  It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  Have a blog?  Grab the Thursday Think Tank button displayed on the right.  

Please leave a link to your T.T.T. on your blog in the linky party below or leave a comment with your Thursday Think Tank ideas!

8 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hey there..I wrote my post last night while I had a minute, and just now linked up. :o) Off to take sonny to pre-K. Love the smile saying and the eyemask! Pillows are too cute!

Jennifer Thomas said...

Love the "Smile" pillow. I do get to pamper myself a bit once in a while with a bubble bath and a book after all the boys have gone to bed. It's the only time I'm ever alone.

Have a super day!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

You are so wise! I love this post and found it really touching, thank you for the reminder and fantastic advice!! I'm all about the smiling!

Jill Chapman said...

My mum is hospitalised for severe depression at the moment and it's taking it's toll on the whole family. I love the smile quote. It brought a grin to my face!

Patti said...

Just dropping in to say "Hey,Becca"! The pillow is a great idea, and I did a home pedi today!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love the smile pillow :) Nothing to link at the moment - I must have had a thoughtless week! I think its time I started thinking about Christmas so I'll be back soon!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the smile pillow and, having just joined Pinterest, I pinned it - yeah!! Great post, one of these days I'll remember to join in...maybe I should set a reminder on my phone...

Pam @Threading My Way said...

How true is the smile quotation!!! Have a great week...