Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Think Tank - the Missy Mac Creations Edition

Thursday Think Tank


Hi everyone.  My name is Erin and I blog over at Missy Mac Creations.  As Becca is off partying and wine-ing it up at a wedding, she has asked me to jump into her shoes and post for this week's Thursday Think Tank.  Afterall, we couldn't leave you all hanging!  I just hope I can pull this off with at least half her charm and charisma.  Eek.

So, let's jump in, shall we?  Of late a major topic of conversation between me and Mr C has been in regards to moving house and, for us, this means renovating.  A lot of renovating.  So, it's no great surprise that fanciful dreams and picture-perfect images have been flitting across my mind making me smile and, no doubt, also setting me up for a major fall when reality hits.  ;)  But... a little fanciful thinking never really hurt anyone so here a few inspirational home decorating ideas that literally have me drooling.




That's an eclectic mix of a few design elements I love. Basically, I like a neutral palette with a splash of colour purple every now and then.  A pillow here, a throw rug there and you've got yourself a cozy home with some individual touches. 

A window seat is definitely something I have always wanted.  Can you just imagine curling up there with a good book and a glass of wine?  Bliss.  Actually... that also goes for the clawfoot bath.  Ahhhhh...

Speaking of books, I think that the most difficult renovation idea out of that lot is the fabulous bookcase under the stairs.  I wonder if Mr C would be interested in adding on a second floor?  I can't really see it being a problem.  ;)

There we have it - my little decorating dreams that I can't stop thinking about.  Thanks to Rebecca Lynne for giving me an excuse to get some of this off my chest.  I feel better already.

And thanks to you all for obliging me by continuing to read through this post.  I promise that Becca will be back next week - no doubt full of her usual cheekiness and sass.

So, what have you been thinking about this week?  I would love to hear your ideas or see what has recently inspired you.  Link up and join the party...

10 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

Erin this rocks! Um, so please tell C that the renovations are a Must as I do intend to be visiting in the future. Personally I think the bookcase is a must. That should give you a year or so to get it all figured out! Hahahaa....I can bring my purple quilt to add some, well, purple!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the bookcase under the stairs and the window seat - have you been peeking in my brain?!!

Patti said...

Erin, you did Becca proud! Great post! As a collector of random books, I immediately focused on the window seat for reading (yes, and sipping wine) and then to the under-staircase bookcase-love it! Building up should be easy-peasy!

Jennifer Thomas said...

Oh dear! Just what I need, more house renovating ideas. I love the window seat & the kitchen & the bookcase under the stairs &, &, &. When we moved into our old farmhouse all it had in the kitchen was a kitchen sink - really (and it barely worked). I wonder if I could get rid of my Harry Potter-esque closet under the stairs and replace it with a bookcase? Hmmm..... Good luck with your perfect home dreams & Mr. C.

Have a super day!

Jennifer Schifano Eutsler
curlicuecreations.com

Lucy | Charm About You said...

SO in love with the bookcase! Great post Erin! :)

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing this inspiration! I would love to have a purple room, but my boyfriend says no. Hopefully our next house will allow for a room of my own that I can paint purple.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Lovely post Erin. Rebecca Lynne has left TTT in good hands :) I really like your picture of the bookcase. I'll be back to link up as soon as I've got a post together...

Live a Colorful Life said...

Very fun post! I would paint my front door orange. And the bookcase under the stairs is awesome. Go ahead. Add on another floor to your house!

Allison said...

hello Erin! great inspiration photos, especially the flooring, purple door, and color palete. My Hubby and I were once considering moving into a cape home in which the second story ceiling was unusually low. I wanted to raise the roof & build up the walls, and add a dormer the length of the house with better/more windows. For some reason he had a problem with that :)

Hitch and Thread said...

Erin, what a great post! As soon as I saw that first picture with the window seat and books I knew I'd love the rest. I'd probably swap the purple for blue though, or maybe green, or another current favourite. Decisions, decisions... Good luck with your reno!