Thursday, September 8, 2011

Customer Service is Everything

I am a huge Etsy fanatic.  Not only am I an avid shopper on Etsy I am also a store owner.  So...I know how hard it can be to keep up with orders, shipments, business cards, packaging, custom requests, and feedback.  But, most importantly, I know that customer service is everything in any form of retail business.  Therefore, I would be remiss if I failed to write this quick post to highlight a business that not only has great merchandise but also excellent customer service.

Those of you who know me well know that I do most of my internet-ing at night when the darling daughters are asleep.  Unfortunately, this is the time when I am most tired.  So it is not surprising that when I placed an order at Sew Fresh Fabrics that I accidentally double-ordered some items.  I had started adding things to my cart and then decided I needed something to be custom bundled so I convo'd Peg and Becca of Sew Fresh Fabrics to make up a bundle for me.  And then when purchasing the bundle I forgot to remove the duplicate items from my cart!  Duh.  Even worse...I paid and still didn't notice what had happened.

DSC_0014
Poppy Honey Vine, Metro Living Circles, Masquerade Black Floral,
Ruby Star Rising Vintage Ladies, Kona Charcoal
Lucky for me, Peg and Becca reached out to me to clarify exactly what was going on.  When they began cutting my selections they must've thought "hunh, this crazy chic has a custom order and on top of that more of the same fabrics are ordered a second time...what gives?"  I know.  How embarrassing.

Instead of shrugging it off and sending me my mistaken double-order, and earning a bit extra because of it I'd like to point out, Peg and Becca took the time to make sure I'd be a happy customer...even if I am a sometimes stupid customer.

This was my first visit and purchase from Sew Fresh Fabrics.  I know many of you have heard of them from far better bloggers than little old me.  But you can trust that this is an unbiased post as Sew Fresh Fabrics is not a sponsor of mine nor are they even aware that I am writing this.  If you have been a customer at Sew Fresh Fabrics I congratulate your wisdom and encourage you to remain loyal, if you've never been then you need to visit and I'm sure you'll find something special.  I promise you won't regret it!

- rebecca lynne

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I love them! I won a gift certificate to their shop on the County Fair genXquilters did. They were so helpful and actually worked with me and my quilting guild president to get fabric for our guild to do the Bottled Rainbows quilt. So sweet and wonderful!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

oh great. just what i need. another cool fabric shop to tempt me. i clicked over and saw a couple of things right away that i'm going to obsess about now until i get them. you are evil. :)

Camilla said...

Just thought I'd let you know I came over to check out your blog after I enjoyed your tute over on Lynne's blog- I even made a palette! Uploading it to Flickr might not happen- don't have an account- blah blah, but will go on over and check out others. The formatting stuff was all reasonably familiar, but great to be reminded of some shortcuts like how to do a screen shot; and great to have the dual Mac and PC instructions! Thanks and well done!!

Toni said...

Yes, I love their shop! I convo'd them for a custom order the other night and in less than ten minutes it was ready for me to check out. Such great service, and I love how they include a couple swatches of fabrics with your order.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow, that's great service - I haven't shopped with them yet but will do sometime, I'm sure!

Unknown said...

I like u.......They were so helpful and actually worked with me and my quilting guildSo sweet and wonderful!!!!

PPC Expert Delhi,Please visit the link.

Thankyou....