Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Think Tank

Thursday Think Tank

Shout out to Melissa and Erin from Missy Mac Creations for last week's Thursday Think Tank ideas!  Thank you so much for joining the brainstorming ladies...and I loved your ideas.

This week is a bit tamer than last week.  I have had a lot on my mind and not much time to brainstorm.  But, no worries, that doesn't mean I didn't think of something to add to my To Do list!  First let me update you on my ideas from last week and where they are going...if at all...

Think Tank Updates
  • Chalkboard Magnet Board
    • Bought the chalkboard paint!  Already started using it on another project...heh heh
  • Phat Pants
    • I now know that these pants are called, or were called at one point, Elephant pants.  Much more flattering and less lame than Phat pants don't you think?
    • I found the pattern so I can at least start cutting fabric
  • Jewelry Boards
    • Purchased more staples for staple gun...and...that's it...sad as my jewelry remains in a jumble in a box
Think Tank Thursday - August 18, 2011

Idea #1 - Repurposing Clothes to Make Placemats


IMG_5263


Please meet my Salwar Kameez made during my senior thesis trip to India.  My reason for going to India?  To study Indian textiles of course.  Anyway, that trip is a whole blog's worth of stories.  The point of this is to say that my mother drove from Colorado to Far Far Away to visit us and help us unpack (well...to grocery shop really...but that is perfect because I hate grocery shopping) and she brought all of my old art supplies and fabric with her.  Apparently my things are no longer welcome in the family basement, ahem.  These pieces of clothing, which are made of amazingly soft cotton, were in the pile.  The blue fabric on the right is hand dyed using a woodblock print.  GORGEOUS.  (I have a red one too...but not sure what I am going to do with that yet...hmmm...)  I've decided I am going to make placemats using these as they will go well with our table and the gold walls of our new dining room.  Design?  I'm not sure - any suggestions?

Idea #2 - Holder for Plastic Bags

Plastic Bag Container

Plastic bags are taking over our lives.  No matter how many times I bring eco-friendly non-plastic bags to the store to carry our purchases home in new plastic bags always seem to follow us!  Just the other day at Walmart I asked if I could just carry my items out of the store (they all fit into each because as I happened to be buying a plastic bin).  I was told I had to have a bag so that they knew I had paid.  Damn it they.  You are killing the Earth.

Anyway, I will tame the plastic bags that are overrunning my kitchen entryway.  I'm going to be making this ASAP.  [Pssht, yeah right, if I made a dollar each time I said that!]

That is all for me this week.  I know I had other ideas I just don't know where they went...completely out of my head I suppose!

As always, I'd love so much if you'd join me!  Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative little heads.  It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  Please leave a comment, and if you have a blog include a link to it, with your Thursday Think Tank ideas!  

- rebecca lynne

2 comments:

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Ha ha. I've been waiting for this post. I thought you'd missed your own TTT! Both of this week's ideas are great, of course. I made a holder for my plastic bags (we need to invent a better name) earlier this year and I now agree - it is a must. And, you are right, no matter how diligent you are with the enviro-friendly version the plastic ones still seem to breed. Thankfully we use them for our trash so they don't go to waste (no pun intended). :)

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Thanks so much for the heads up re: my email address. I'm such a dunce! All fixed now so feel free to babble away whenever. ;)