Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spinning Stars

My first project is going to be two Spinning Stars quilted throws using Anna Maria Horner's newest line Loulouthi. The quilts are going to be made for each of my daughters to celebrate their new room. This is one of a few projects that I hope to complete for their room. Hopefully, with your help, I'll be able to complete them all!

Spinning Stars with Solids

Anna Maria Horner's Spinning Stars design with Solid Fabric
Quilt pictured here created by Anna Maria Horner.
[Photo from Anna Maria Horner's blog annamariahorner@blogspot.com]
Quilt pictured above created by Anna Maria Horner.
[Photo from Anna Maria Horner's blog annamariahorner@blogspot.com]
I have chosen the Isabela Palette and the Eleni Palette of Loulouthi to make my two throws.
Eleni
Instead of the Aqua Solid Fabric used by Anna Maria Horner in her design (see above) I am going to use Pink and Orange as my solid colors. The girls room is going to be primarily Pink, Orange, and Brown so I am hoping this will tie these multi-colored quilts into the theme.

I ordered the fabric I need to make the quilt tops last night...so as soon as I start cutting and getting them sewn I will do my best to post photos as the project get started.

Any thoughts on what I should do for the backing? I like the idea of using Voile in the Loulouthi line...but perhaps I should do a solid fabric instead of a patterned fabric.

- rebecca lynne

No comments: